Ana Bueno - E.O.I. Basic Level 2: Week 5

Latest posts

Saturday 22 October 2011

Week 5

Hello everyone!

How's the day going? I was very happy to see it was raining this morning! Hopefully it won't be so hot next week! :)

Last week we couldn't have class on Tuesday, but we had lessons on Thursday and Friday - thanks very much to all the people that came on Friday!

On Thursday, we chose our class representative. David and Pura were the "winners" of the election... congratulations!!

Then I gave you your compositions back and I explained the marking code. Here I post it, in case you don't have a copy:

Marking Code


I know that correcting the composition twice takes more time, both for you and for me. But this way I make sure that you check my corrections, and also that you revise your grammar, your vocabulary, and consult dictionaries. It is more time-consuming, but you'll be happy in June :)

We also corrected the review at the end of Unit 1, and we commented the text about volunteering (p. 14). Finally, we did a listening that I took home. I gave it back to you on Friday. The results were not very good, but it's the first listening we do, so don't panic. We'll practise, and practise, and practise during the year!

On Friday we also did an activity in groups called "3 truths, 1 lie". I could see that some of you were very imaginative, and very good liars! haha. I hope that with that activity you know your classmates a bit better now! :)

Then we corrected the photocopy about the past simple and the past continuous, and we practised it with an activity with songs. I hope you liked it!! I played four songs, and you had to draw what the song suggested to you. Then you had to tell me a story with the four pictures that you had in your group. It was great fun!

Here you have the four songs we listened to:

  • Grease (if you like Grease, here you have more songs with subtitles).
  • J'y suis jamais allé, from the original soundtrack of the film Amélie.




  • Ini Kamoze - Here comes the hotstepper



The links of the first and the last songs are from a website called www.subingles.com. If you like music, here you can listen to lots of songs with the lyrics in front of you and, besides, many of them also have online activities! You have different songs classified according to their level of difficulty:


When you click on a song, it starts playing and the website also suggests other subtitled songs by the same artist. You also have the possibility of listening to songs with activities.


I hope you like it!

For homework, remember to correct your composition, and do the handout I gave you on Friday.

Have a nice weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ana, and everyone who reads the blog! Thank you for all the information you give us here, in the blog. It´s a hard job for you and it makes our learning easier, thank you very much again.

    The class of last friday was very funny! We laugh a lot with the activities!
    See you on monday!
    Raquel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin